Developing advanced materials for the healthcare and medical industry
- Optimized materials to ensure a balance of performance, processability and component life
- Maximizing material performance to provide longer life, lower friction, operation at higher temperatures and a broader media compatibility
- An evolving portfolio to meet the changing needs of the healthcare and medical industry
The development of polymer materials blends the science of understanding material chemistry and application conditions with the art of balancing a wide range of performance characteristics, to produce the optimum material for each unique customer need.
Trelleborg Sealing Solutions material development experts are located in our manufacturing units and R&D centers globally. Constantly keeping ahead of new developments in thermoplastic and elastomer technology, they ensure that we can offer the most appropriate material for any application, however demanding.
Materials are Selected and Developed to ensure:
- Compatibility with a wide range of media
- Excellent tribological properties, where needed, to ensure long life in dynamic applications
- Suitability for robust, high quality manufacturing
- Accreditation to required standards and regulations
Making Engineers’ Lives Easier
Trelleborg Sealing Solutions offers a number on online tools and apps to make the engineer’s life easier. This includes a materials search and chemical compatibility tool.