Centrifuge Housing Seal
Customer: Centrifuge manufacturer
Application: Centrifuge housing seals
- High centrifugal forces put extreme demands on physical properties of seals
- Needed to fit in seal groove without dead spaces for ease of cleaning
- Compatibility with harsh cleaning media required
- Compliant with FDA and USP Class VI standards required
- Large size meant tooling costs prohibitive
Due to the low volume requirement, the cost for a tool was prohibitive. An O-Ring using the FlexiMold™ process was therefore selected. By this proprietary production method, an O-Ring can be fabricated that has the same characteristics as a molded O-Ring without the need for a dedicated tool.
The giant O-Rings were delivered in record time and provided the same integrity as compression molded O-Rings without the tooling costs.