Engineered to specific life sciences criteria
- Temperature resistance from -20 °C to +220 °C / -4 °F to +428 °F
- Steamable FKM up to +170 °C / +338 °F
- Very good chemical compatibility and resistance
- Good compatibility with acidic fluids, fatty food products, food grade lubricants and oils
- Low total organic carbon and metal extractables
- Low long-term compression set characteristics
- Material compliant to FDA 21 CFR177.2600, 3-A, USP Class VI, Cytotoxicity (USP 87)
Mechanical seals, decanters, separators, pumps, tanks, valves, heat exchangers and equipment cleaned using clean-in-place and sterilize-in-place regimes
O-Rings, square seal, Kantseal, Flatseal™, gaskets, diaphragms, also reinforced. FKM can be bonded to other materials and delivered as engineered parts in almost any design.
Trelleborg Sealing Solutions has optimized the performance of our Fluoroelastomer (FKM) material range, engineering it to meet the specific criteria of the life sciences industry. Materials demonstrate good elevated temperature characteristics and compatibility to media used in cleaning regimes.