Turcon® Provides High Sealing Efficiency
Widest variety of PTFE based materials on the market
- Compatible with virtually all media
- Excellent friction, slide properties and no stick-slip
- Operating temperatures from -253 °C to +260 °C / -423 °F to +500 °F
- Long service life, high sealing efficiency
- High wear resistance, minimal creep and permeation
- Compliances with FDA, 3-A, USP Class VI, EC 1935/2004; EU 10/2011
Typical Healthcare & Medical Applications:
Static, reciprocating and rotary applications, applications with low downtime requirements (serum and pharmaceutical production), mixed process streams in multipurpose equipments, CIP & SIP cleaning regimes, low and high temperature applications
Inherently, Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) is compatible with almost all chemicals, making it ideal for use in equipment where seals are likely to be exposed to aggressive media, including CIP and SIP regimes. Specific operating properties are achieved by the addition of fillers and special processing technologies.
Incomparable Material Range
Turcon® compounds have very good slide properties with low-friction and no stick-slip, provide high sealing efficiency and a long service life, meet demanding service conditions and provide high-flexibility for easy installation. Our wide variety of Turcon® formulations ensures that we will have just the right material to meet the specific needs of our customers’ healthcare and medical applications.
Trelleborg Sealing Solutions is the world’s largest manufacturer of seals in this type of material, and no other supplier offers such a wide variety of grades.